Wednesday, May 25, 2005

GUTS! Do you have it?!


So, I get home in time for GUTS! again today. This show is insane. It is the most senseless show ever, but I love it. The nicknames (which as many of you know by now - I NEED ONE) are what make this show. That, and the fact that the announcer says "Mo!" about every four seconds.

"Mo! Let's see the leader board, MO!" Ridiculous.

Anyway, I was listening to "MO!" announce the rules for bungee basketball. You guys probably know the rules without needing an explanation, but here it is. Put the ball in the hoop. But MO! has a better explanation in her awful accent.

"The rules of the game as simple. Each player much jump from the platform, hit the ground and shoot the ball in the basketball hoop. Only balls that make it through the hoop will be counted. The player with the most balls through the hoop at the end of the allotted time will win."

Seriously, the ball has to go IN the hoop? Shit, I though I could beat by shooting the most airballs.

Anyway, back to the nicknames. I am a fan of nicknames, but these 12 year old contestants have the BEST nicknames know to man. I saw one guy the other day that went as, "The Grassy Knoll." Huh? What? Is he deceptive on the playground and an assassin at night? I need to start writing these down because not all of them stick in your head like, "The Grassy Knoll."

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hilarious.

    Just simply hilarious.

    - D8000

     

Post a Comment

<< Home