Sunday, December 31, 2006

Scott, you are an ANIMAL!!! Awww-OOOOOO!!!

I have a quite depressing obsession with Teen Wolf. I owned it on VHS years and years ago, and I think I may have it in the basement of my house at this very moment. Whenever the movie comes on HBO, I watch it. I have to. I feel like I need to rent it if I do not watch it when it is on. It truly is a great flick.

Now, my problem with this movie lies within my failure to believe the plot. I know it is fiction, but I have the same type of issues with most novels - if it is fiction, then why bother watching it or reading it?

Case in point - I have a problem with not a single reporter showing up to one of Scott Howard's basketball game after the kid turns into a Werewolf. The kid changed into a freak of nature (no Barry Bonds, you cannot buy pills to turn into a werewolf) and not one single reporter shows up? This could send a rookie reporter to CNN overnight.

Again, the guy turns into a wolf in the middle of a game of basketball and they just continue? I could have used some realism in that scene... if possible.

The only real part is that Scott Howard admits to being bad at basketball. I liked that. He sucks. Oh, and at the end, when they come down from the bleachers, a kid realizes that his fly is completely down and his pants are un-buttoned... not sure how it made it past the editing crew, but it did.

The only problem I have with this movie is that there is a sequel, Teen Wolf Too (classy), and it blows. No MJ Fox... and it is boxing, which I love as a sport, but not when a werewolf is involved.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At the end with that guy in the bleachers, I don't think he "forgot" his pants were undone. I think most people agree that this extra saw this as his time to shine. In fact, if you look closely, wasn't his hand moving around down there? Very disturbing and very funny. But how could the director, assistant director, cameraman, cinematographer, editor, et al. not catch this during filming, editing, or post-production?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home