Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Idea #1

I would love to brainstorm and then write a comedy show. A comedy show of any kind - TV pilot, sketch or even a play. It is hard for me to do since I am not 'just a writer' (inside joke), but every now and then I have ideas. Ideas that can work. Tonight, I had an idea, that if brainstormed, could work.

I was at the mall today and since it was cold and rainy, I through on a hooded sweatshirt (or a hoody, as the kids call 'em these days). It was an 'Under Armour' sweatshirt, that had the 'X (u/a)' logo on it - nothing fancy.

As I walked in the mall to the store, I saw an Army recruiting station. Then, the idea popped in my head. Me, sitting down on a mall bench talking on my cell because I hate the "Walk and Talk." Right when I hang up, Mr. GI Joe comes up to me with saying, "Son, do you want time it is? It's time to protect this house. This house being the USA."

I don't know where I would go from there, but the episode would include an Army recruiter using the Under Armour slogan ("we must protect this house!") to pull in a new recruit, who he thinks is young because of the sweatshirt.

I have ideas from there - maybe the guy he recruits gives him BS for a while and screws with him, then gets detained for messing with the Armed Forces. Maybe that is the end of the episode where the guy gets mistaken for a youngster the whole day and that is the cherry on top. I don't know. But it will work. And Uncle Sam wants YOUR help!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like it. I can see it, but you need to expand. I can see your face when he tries to recruit you with the "We must protect this house!" line. Good job, G. Next time how 'bout some of dem beers when you are in town?

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you do a TV show, make sure you get Ted Danson money. Otherwise - no deal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home